These spicy veggie skewers are the perfect addition to any BBQ. They are quick, easy and pack a whole lot of punch. The buckwheat flatbreads are a great gluten free option, and I am yet to find someone who doesn’t love them.
This dish is best served with a creamy yogurt dressing to balance out the spice from the harissa.
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp. plain vegan yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup water.
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
4 cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Chop the peppers and courgettes and tofu into chunks and the onion into wedges.
3. Mix together the marinade ingredients and coat the vegetables and tofu. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
4. Assemble the kebabs and pop in a preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile mix together the flat bread ingredients. Heat a non-stick pan, and pour 2tbsp of mixture into the hot pan. Using the back of the spoon spread thinly. Cook for 1 minute on each side or until crispy.
6. Serve the flat breads with the vegetable kebabs, fresh rocket and a creamy yogurt dressing.
Make sure to tag @rooted_living if you try them.