It wouldn't be autumn without the cultural phenomenon known as the Pumpkin Spice Latte. We like to do things Raw Press style, which means using the finest ingredients, and avoiding sugar, processed foods and any other nasties. So unlike the usual sugary syrupy pumpkin spice latte, Raw Press' PSL is filled with real pumpkin and warming chai spices from Chai By Mira. Don't forget, you can order one of these in our Chelsea café!
This recipe shows you how to make your own pumpkin puree, but you can use a good quality tinned pumpkin, like this one.
Pumpkin spice mix (makes 1 jar)
For the latte (serves 1)
2 tbsp pumpkin spice mix
1 cup organic plant milk (We think oat milk goes best)
1/2 tsp cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 180 C fan and line a baking tray
- Place the cubed pumpkin on tray and loosely cover with foil. Roast for 45 minutes or until soft.
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, chai spice and date syrup. Use a hand blender to blitz the pumpkin to a puree. You can add some cold water to thin out the paste.
- Add to a jar and seal.
- To make the latte, add 2 tbsp of the pumpkin spice mix to a saucepan with 1 cup of your milk of choice.
- Heat gently, using a balloon whisk to slightly foam the milk.
- Once hot, pour into your cup, sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
If you make one, tag us in your pictures @rawpressco!