- Mix all the base ingredients in a bowl until the dough sticks together.
- Press into a cake tin with removable bottom lined with cling film.
- Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Blend all the filling ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender until smooth.
- Add the oil and blend again until well incorporated.
- Add to the base and set in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Blend the topping ingredients together until smooth.
- Pipe onto top of cake to decorate & sprinkle with some chopped hazelnuts.
About Alessandra ( ND Dip CNM mBANT mANP)
Alessandra is a BANT registered nutritionist that graduated from the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London and a plant based chef that gained her training from the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts in New York.
Born in Italy, she developed her passion for cooking from a young age and matured a strong belief in the connection between food and wellbeing that led her to her professional training.
In New York, she worked as a private chef for people with special dietary needs as well as a vegan pastry chef in leading restaurants. In London, she was pastry manager in prominent raw and vegan restaurants and plant based medicinal chef for private clients.
She’s currently working as a nutritional therapist doing private consultations, training and consulting and as a plant based chef. She is also a nutrition and health content writer for both UK and Italian based health and cooking publications as well as sharing her knowledge and passion by teaching private and group nutrition workshops and cooking classes.