Having struggled to find delicious organic nut butters free from added oil and sugar, I set out to make my own (which you can purchase from the ‘clean boutique’ section of this website).
The first flavour is cashew & vanilla butter which contains 2 ingredients: cashew nuts and Madagascan vanilla pods from my grandma’s family farm in Madagascar. This is my little sister’s favourite as it is naturally creamy and sweet, and tastes like vanilla custard or cookie dough – yum!
The second flavour is almond & espresso butter which contains 3 ingredients: almonds, pink Himalayan salt, and espresso from ‘Origin’ coffee roasters. This is your almond milk coffee in nut butter form and it makes the perfect breakfast!
I love eating them on toast, porridge or pancakes, and I have come up with other exciting ways to eat and bake with my nut butters which you can find on my Instagram @londonbruncher and on my website www.londonbruncher.com.
Below is the recipe for my chocolate fudge brownies. These brownies are super easy to make and are super fudgy with a delicious cashew & vanilla butter swirl that tastes like caramelised white chocolate when baked.
Chocolate fudge brownies (GF, DF, Vegan friendly option)
Makes 16 brownies
1/4 cup ‘London Bruncher’ almond espresso butter
1/4 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
1/3 cup maple syrup 1/4 cup coconut oil
2 medium eggs (To make vegan - replace 2 medium eggs: stir together 2 tbsp of ground flaxseeds and 6 tbsp of water. Set aside to become ‘eggy’ for 10 mins)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
1/2 cup ground almonds
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 165 C
2. Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper
3. Whisk together the almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and coconut oil until well combined
4. Whisk in the eggs/flax ‘eggs’
5. Whisk in the cocoa powder, ground almonds and salt until the batter is smooth and fudgy
6. Pour the batter into the lined baking tin
7. Swirl 2 tbsp of cashew & vanilla butter onto the top
8. Bake for 25 mins (until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out almost clean, with a few crumbs but no liquid batter)
9. Leave to cool slightly before slicing into squares. They are best served warm with a dollop of cashew & vanilla butter and fresh raspberries!
Please tag me on Instagram @londonbruncher if you try this recipe and let me know what you think!