In need of a quick midweek meal? This delicious vegan ‘cheesy’ pasta dish is a take on an old classic, jam packed full of flavour, but with the addition of 5 portions of veggies in just one serving. Swapping half of your pasta portion for spiralised courgette is a great way to add in more veggies without compromising on taste.
Make sure to tag @rooted_living1 if you try it.
Chickpea & Courgette Spaghetti
1 large courgette, spiralised.
150g brown rice spaghetti
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion thinly sliced
2 cups of spinach
1 handful of coriander
1 tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp. Nush dairy free cream cheese
Salt & pepper
1. Place the red pepper and onion on a baking tray, and drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Next cook the brown rice spaghetti according to packing instructions
3. Heat a frying pan, add the spiralised courgette, the roasted pepper and onion, chickpeas, and cooked spaghetti.
4. Put 2 large tbsp of ‘Nush’ dairy free cream cheese and mix through. Add the spinach and stir through. I like to add a squeeze of lime here.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped cherry tomatoes